- 1564 pages
- 25657 organisations covered
- 27895 key executives listed
- 50 sections
A Wealth of Information... in 50 Exhaustive Sections...
||NO. OF ORGANISATIONS LISTED
||REGISTRARS & SHARE TRANSFER
||CDSL Depository Participants
||NSDL Depository Participants
||Qualified Depository Participants-
||KYC REGISTRATION AGENCIES
||CREDIT RATING AGENCIES
||SECURITIES LENDING SCHEMES
||FOREIGN PORTFOLIO INVESTORS
||FOREIGN DEBT FUNDS
||PRIVATE EQUITY & VENTURE CAPITAL
||Private Equity & Venture Capital Firms
||Service Providers-Consulting & Advisory Firms
||ALTERNATIVE INVESTMENT FUNDS
||MUTUAL FUNDS & ASSET MNGT.CO
||COLLECTIVE INVESTMENT SCHEMES
||QUALIFIED CENTRAL COUNTERPARTIES
||STOCK EXCHANGE BROKERS &
||Underwriters Apprv.By SEBI
||FINANCIAL ADVERTISING AGENCIES
||SOLICITORS & LEGAL ADVISORS
||GOVERNMENT, REGULATORY &
||FINANCIAL & INDUSTRIAL
||NBFCs (RBI APPROVED)
||PRIMARY DEALERS (RBI APPROVED)
||DATABASES & INFORMATION
|| TRAINING INSTITUTES
||PENSION FUND SYSTEM
||HOUSING FINANCE COMPANIES
||ASSET RECONSTRUCTION COMPANIES
||PROXY ADVISORY FIRMS
||CREDIT INFORMATION BUREAUS
||CHAMBERS & ASSOCIATIONS
THE PRIME DIRECTORY-1994, the first edition, was an original compilation.... bringing into one single document, critical information about all intermediaries associated with the primary capital market. Until then, knowing who the intermediaries were, what they did, what their performance was, how to reach them... was a complicated process. The benefits of having all this information on fingertips was the objective of THE PRIME DIRECTORY-1994.
An updated edition, THE PRIME DIRECTORY-1995, was formally released by Shri D.R.Mehta, Chairman, Securities & Exchange Board of India. The significantly updated 1996 edition was formally released by Shri J.Capoor, Chairman, Unit Trust of India. The subsequent annual editions provided new formats, new sections and updated information on the market and its intermediaries.
THE PRIME DIRECTORY-2016
The new edition presents significant updation of information over the last edition. It also identifies the intermediaries continuing in business, as also those who have gone out of business. The new Directory :
- lists 25657 organisations
- includes all new intermediaries who have obtained SEBI registration
- has updated SEBI registration status for all intermediaries
- has updated addresses, phone/ fax numbers and e-mail addresses
- has updated information on key executives
- has updated ranking of each intermediary upto 2015-2016
An overview of the Primary Capital Market for 2015-2016 is also provided.
A COMPREHENSIVE ADDRESS DIRECTORY
This new edition runs into 1564 pages, covers 25657 intermediaries/organisations with their 27827 addresses, listed alphabetically in 50 sections. Included in each listing, wherever applicable, are :
- addresses (both head office and branch offices)
- phone and fax numbers and e-mail and website addresses
- names and designations of key executives
- SEBI registration status and/or date of registration
ALSO A PERFORMANCE DIRECTORY
Importantly, THE PRIME DIRECTORY-2016 is not just an address directory. It also provides, for each intermediary, easy-to-read performance data, rankings and details of assignments handled over the past 5 years, thereby enabling the reader to evaluate the standing of each intermediary in the marketplace.Moreover, overview tables of rankings for 4 years have been provided at the end of each section.
IN ONE DIRECTORY...
Information that is near-impossible to obtain...or would require years of research in scores of scattered sources
This is not a Shelf Directory...
it is a Table Directory to be
used every single day
ARTICLES BY EXPERTS
- Rethinking Disclosures
by Shri Prashant Saran,Wholetime Member, Securities & Exchange Board of India
- Role of Family Offices in Funding and Corporate Governance
by Shri T.V.Mohandas Pai,Chairman, Aarin Capital Partners and Shri Rajesh Moorti, Manipal Education & Medical Group
- Has the Mutual Fund Industry finally come of age?
by Shri Sundeep Sikka, Chief Executive Officer, Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management Ltd.
- Listing of Asset Management Companies (AMCs) – Benefits and Challenges
by Shri Leo Puri, Managing Director, UTI Asset Management Co.Ltd.
- The facts & myths on Net Neutrality
by Shri Akhil Gupta, Vice Chairman, Bharti Enterprises Ltd.
- Renaissance of Commodity Derivatives Market in India: Its Past and Future Growth Potential
by Shri P.K.Singhal, President and Whole-Time Director, MCX. Views are personal
- Infrastructure Investment Trust (InvITs) - A Perspective
by Shri Sidharth Rath, Group Executive-CRG & TXB, Axis Bank Ltd.
- Has Mutual Fund Industry come of age?
by Shri Nilesh Shah, Managing Director & CEO, Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Co.Ltd.
- Innovations in IPOs of High Growth Technology Companies
by Shri Anup Bagchi, Managing Director & CEO, ICICI Securities Ltd.
- How to achieve fiscal responsibility in India
by Dr.Ajay Shah, Professor, National Institute of Public Finance & Policy
- Indian Capital Markets – Story so far and outlook for 2020
by Shri Himanshu Kaji, Group Chief Operating Officer & Executive Director, Edelweiss Financial Services Ltd.
- Listed Companies Disclosure: The Way Forward
by Shri Yogesh Dhingra, Chief Finance Officer & Chief Operating Officer, Blue Dart Express Ltd.
- Increasing Challenges of Corporate Governance in PSEs
by Dr.U.D.Choubey, Director General, Standing Conference of Public Enterprises
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI): Implications for the economy and markets
by Shri Navneet Munot, Chief Investment Officer, SBI Funds Management Pvt.Ltd.
- Insider Trading: Emerging Regulatory Challenges
by Shri Cyril S.Shroff, Managing Partner, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas
- Investor Grievance Redressal Architecture in Indian Capital Market
by Dr.V.R.Narasimhan, Chief Regulatory Officer and Ms.Sharlene Vaz, Manager, Investor Services, National Stock Exchange of India Ltd.,The
- If only: Independent Directors on the Boards of Family Businesses
by Shri Amit Tandon, Founder, Managing Director and Shri Anil Singhvi, Founder, Institutional Investor Advisory Services India Ltd.
- SEBI Consent Regulations:Learnings and Challenges
by Shri Sandeep Parekh,Founder and Shri Shashank Patil, Finsec Law Advisors
- Why cycles matter in an investing framework
by Shri S.Naren,Chief Investment Officer,ICICI Prudential Asset Management Co.Ltd.
- Increasing challenges for the Ratings Industry
by Shri Madan Sabnavis,Chief General Manager & Chief Economist,Credit Analysis & Research Ltd.
- Role of Banks in Capital Market Development
by Shri Vishwavir Ahuja, Managing Director & CEO, RBL Bank Ltd.
- Independent Directors: Increased Responsibilities
by Shri Vimal Bhandari, Managing Director & CEO, Indostar Capital Finance Ltd.
- The Stock Market in Transition
by Shri Ridham Desai, Managing Director, Morgan Stanley India Co.Pvt.Ltd.
- Record Low Global Interest Rates and its Implications on Asset Allocations
by Shri Madhusudan Kela, Chief Investment Strategist, Reliance Capital Ltd.
- The Greatest Risk Ever
by Shri Nawshir H.Mirza
- Tailwinds to the fore
by Shri Girish Nadkarni, Managing Director-Investment Banking, Motilal Oswal Investment Advisors Pvt.Ltd.
- SEBI’s important role to bridge India’s job deficit
by Shri Praveen Chakravarty, Sr.Fellow in Political Economy, IDFC Institute
- National Wealth Creation Initiative is what India needs
by Shri Rajiv Bajaj, Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Bajaj Capital Ltd.
- Is Retail finally an integral part of the Fund Industry?
by Shri Harshendu Bindal, President, Franklin Templeton Investments (India) Pvt.Ltd.
- Rating Agencies and Corporate Governance
by Shri D.R.Dogra, Managing Director & CEO, Credit Analysis & Research Ltd.
- Board Evaluation - Key Trends and Developments: An Indian perspective
by Ms.Mamta Binani, President, Institute of Company Secretaries of India, The
- Importance of Being Responsible in Business: Corporate Governance, Behaviour, and Ethics
by Shri “Bala” N.Balasubramanian, Adjunct Professor, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
- Increasing Challenges for Independent Directors: The Great Leap Forward
by Ms.Rama Bijapurkar, Management Consultant
- Time to Change the Putrid Underlying
by Shri Gautam Chikermane, Media Director, Reliance Industries Ltd
- Corporate Bond Market in India–A New Paradigm
by Shri Rakesh Garg, Managing Director-Head Global Finance,India, Barclays Bank PLC
- Why should Companies not go for Listing?
by Dr.Mahesh Gupta, President, PHD Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Consumer protection in finance. Hard steps needed
by Ms.Monika Halan, Consulting Editor, Mint
- Creating Fresh Paradigms in the Indian Corporate Debt Market: Perspectives and Challenges
by Ms.Lakshmi Iyer, Chief Investment Officer-Debt & Head-Products, Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Co.Ltd.
- The next big leap in Primary Market
by Shri Vikas Khemani, President & Head-Investment Banking, Edelweiss Financial Services Ltd.
- High FPI ownership of Indian equities creates strong global market linkages
by Shri Neelkanth Mishra, Managing Director-Equity Research, Credit Suisse Securities (India) Pvt.Ltd.
- Proposals for reform but no change
by Ms.Renuka Sane, Visiting Scientist, Indian Statistical Institute
- Credit Metrics Remains Subdued for the Indian Corporate Sector
by Shri Subrata Ray, Sr.Group Vice President and Shri Shamsher Dewan, Asst.Vice President, ICRA Ltd.
- Revolutionizing Payments Through Innovation
by Shri Pradeep Gupta, Chairman, CyberMedia Group
- Gender diversity on boards – Mandatory or voluntary
by Ms.Preeti Malhotra, Partner, E-Vehicles & Executive Director, Smart Group
- Listing without a Public Issue: The Opportunity & Challenges
by Shri B.Madhuprasad, Chairman, Keynote Corporate Services Ltd.
- SME IPO Platform: Learnings and way forward
by Shri Mahavir Lunawat, Group Managing Director, Pantomath Capital Advisors Pvt.Ltd.
- Cracking the Shell: Clandestine Vehicles for Money Laundering and Tax Evasion
by Shri Kaushik Dutta, Director and Shri Naveen Kumar, Thought Arbitrage Research Institute
- Company Secretaries: An important pillar of Corporate Governance
by Shri Shyam Agrawal, Vice President, Institute of Company Secretaries of India,The
- Role of Quality Review Board in Improving Audit Quality
by Dr.Parvinder Sohi Behuria, Chairperson, Quality Review Board
- The real challenges of the Indian Banking Sector
by Shri Tarun Bhatia, Managing Director, Kroll Associates (India) Pvt.Ltd.
- Leveraging regulatory change for competitive advantage
by Shri Vishesh C.Chandiok, National Managing Partner, Grant Thornton India LLP
- Mutual Funds - Recent Regulatory Trends and Experiences
by Shri Anu Tiwari, Partner and Shri Varoon Chandra, Partner, AZB & Partners
- Implementation of Digitalization & STP Processes in the Capital Market- the CDSL Way
by Shri Ramkumar K., Sr.Vice President-New Projects, Central Depository Services (India) Ltd.
- My search for “great” Indian companies
by Shri Saurabh Mukherjea, Chief Executive Officer-Institutional Equities, Ambit Capital Pvt.Ltd.
- The FinTech Revolution
by Shri R.Raghuttama Rao, Managing Director, ICRA Management Consulting Services Ltd.
- CMAs: Role in Corporate Governance
by Shri Manas Kumar Thakur, Vice President, Institute of Cost Accountants of India,The
THE PRIME DIRECTORY IS FOR
- CAPITAL MARKET PROFESSIONALS
- to identify and select the right co-intermediaries
- to use as a reference and mailing list source to promote new business
- to easily locate companies and key executives
- to refer to key data on the primary capital market
- to locate service sources
- to locate qualified talent... or to find jobs in this vast field
- COMPANIES ENTERING THE CAPITAL MARKET
- to identify the right intermediaries
- to develop a better understanding of the primary market
- for instant access to data on the primary market
- for looking at an intermediary's track record whenever doing a report on him
- for easy access to people through names and phone/ fax numbers listed in the Directory
- MARKETING/ SERVICE ORGANISATIONS
- organisations who wish to market their products/ services to the financial sector/ primary market professionals
- FOREIGN INVESTORS
- to understand the Indian primary market
- CHAMBERS, ASSOCIATIONS ETC.
- PERSONNEL SELECTION AGENCIES
- EDUCATION/ RESEARCH INSTITUTES
Rs.5000.00 per copy (including packing and registered postage). If order by courier, add Rs.300.00 per copy (For Delhi subscribers, no courier charges are payable).
US $ 300.00 (including updates, packing and airmail).
PREPAYMENT IS ESSENTIAL
Payment in advance should be sent alongwith the attached Order Form. Cheques/Drafts should be crossed, made payable in Delhi and drawn in favour of “PRAXIS CONSULTING & INFORMATION SERVICES PVT.LTD.”
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Prithvi Haldea, an M.B.A. (1971) from BITS Pilani, is the Founder-Chairman of PRIME Database (www.primedatabase.com), India’s premier database on the primary capital market since 1989. It provides comprehensive information on public issues, rights issues, overseas issues, QIPs, IPPs, OFS, IDRs, preferential equity issues, debt private placements, commercial paper, takeover open offers, delisting offers and buybacks. PRIME has a large body of subscribers and is widely reported by the media.
Haldea is presently on the GOI Council of Experts for Financial Sector. He is also a Member, among others, of SEBI Primary Market Advisory Committee and SEBI Committee on Reviewing Disclosures and Application Forms in Public Issues. He is the Chairman of PHDCCI Capital Markets Committee, Jury for ASSOCHAM’s awards for CG and for CSR, Member of the Editorial Board of ICSI, an Honorary Advisor of Association of Investment Bankers of India and Chairman of Ibaadat Foundation.
In the past, Haldea was a member, among others, of Board of Central Listing Authority (SEBI), Trustee of NPS Trust-PFRDA, GOI Task Force on Financial Redress Agency, FSDC Committee on Commission/Incentive Structure of the Distributors of Financial Products, Central Government Nominee on the Governing Councils of ICAI and ICSI, High-Level Committee of Finance Ministry on Corporate Bonds, Member of Board of Governors of Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs, Investment Board of Postal Life Insurance, Quality Review Board (ICAI), Committees of MCA on formulation and revision of Companies Act, Board of UTI Mutual Fund, SEBI Committee on Review of MAPIN, SEBI Secondary Market Advisory Committee, Listing and Delisting Committees of BSE, Listing Committee of NSE and Delisting Committee of DSE. Haldea has addressed hundreds of conferences.
As an investor protection activist, Haldea regularly raises issues with regulators and in the media. In the pursuit of this objective, he has also launched two unique websites: www.watchoutinvestors.com: aggregating information on economic defaulters which now lists over 2,2,000 cases and www.primedirectors.com: a databank now hosting profiles of over 24,000 professionals for listed companies to select independent directors. He had also created www.iepf.gov.in: an investor education initiative in 13 languages.
Between 1971 and 1988, Haldea worked at senior positions in the corporate sector and also as a consultant to The World Bank and the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Pranav Haldea, an M.B.A. from the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (2004), is the Managing Director of PRIME Database Group (www.primedatabasegroup.com), India’s leading capital markets information provider.
Pranav had over 5 years of experience in the corporate sector, first with HSBC in India and later as an AVP at Deutsche Bank in Singapore where he was responsible for sales coverage of financial institutions in the Global Markets division.
At PRIME, besides running the existing activities, Pranav has driven the Group’s foray into several new and diverse services: nseinfobase.com- databases on listed companies covering data on Insider Trading, Share Pledging, transactions under Takeover Code, Shareholding, Board of Directors, Corporate Actions, AGM/EGM/Postal Ballot Resolutions, Board Meeting Resolutions, Corporate Event Calendar, Auditors, Annual Reports, CSR, Company Secretaries & Company Contact Details, Investors Websites for listed and unlisted corporates, Bulk & Block Deals Database (primebbdatabase.com), Corporate Bonds Database (primecbdatabase.com), Credit Rating Migrations Database (primecrmdatabase.com), PRIME AMC Database (primemfdatabase.com)- database and league tables of AMCs on the basis of AuM, The IVCA-PRIME Private Equity & Venture Capital Directory (primeivcadatabase.com), msmementor.in- a national skills registry of professionals for the benefit of MSMEs, bsepsu.com- a website dedicated to disinvestments, divest.nic.in- a new website for the Department of Disinvestment, Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India and aibi.org.in- a new website for Association of Investment Bankers of India.
He has also conceived and executed several projects with the National Stock Exchange, Bombay Stock Exchange and the Investor Education and Protection Fund, Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
Pranav has addressed several conferences and is often quoted in the media.
PRIME provides a single source of comprehensive information on all public issues (IPOs, FPOs, OFS), SME IPOs/ITP/Rights, public debt issues, rights issues, debt private placements, commercial paper, QIPs, IPPs, GDRs/ADRs/FCCBs/Overseas Bonds, IDRs, preferential equity issues as well as takeover open offers, delisting offers and buyback offers. Launched in April 1989, PRIME has now become a master reference tool on the primary capital market. Over 25 different services are offered to suit specific requirements. The database has a large body of subscribers. A representative partial list of subscribers is given below:
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
RESERVE BANK OF INDIA
BANK OF AMERICA MERRILL LYNCH
BARCLAYS BANK PLC
HONGKONG & SHANGHAI BANKING CORP.LTD.,THE
MORGAN STANLEY CAPITAL INTERNATIONAL SA
ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND N.V.,THE
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK LTD.
MERCHANT BANKERS/ BANKS
A.K.CAPITAL SERVICES LTD.
ADITYA BIRLA FINANCE LTD.
ALMONDZ GLOBAL SECURITIES LTD.
AMBIT CORPORATE FINANCE PVT.LTD.
ANAND RATHI ADVISORS LTD.
AVENDUS CAPITAL PVT.LTD.
AXIS BANK LTD.
AXIS CAPITAL LTD.
BAJAJ CAPITAL LTD.
CENTBANK FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD.
CENTRUM CAPITAL LTD.
CHARTERED FINANCE MANAGEMENT LTD.
CITIGROUP GLOBAL MARKETS INDIA PVT.LTD.
CREDIT AGRICOLE CORPORATE & INVESTMENT BANK
CREDIT SUISSE SECURITIES (INDIA) PVT.LTD.
DAIWA CAPITAL MARKETS INDIA PVT.LTD.
DARASHAW & CO.PVT.LTD.
DSP MERRILL LYNCH LTD.
EDELWEISS FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD.
HDFC BANK LTD.
HSBC SECURITIES & CAPITAL MARKETS (I) PVT.LTD.
ICICI BANK LTD.
ICICI SECURITIES LTD.
ICICI SECURITIES PRIMARY DEALERSHIP LTD.
IDBI BANK LTD.
IDBI CAPITAL MARKET SERVICES LTD.
IDFC SECURITIES LTD.
INDUSIND BANK LTD.
ING VYSYA BANK LTD.
J.P.MORGAN INDIA PVT.LTD.
JM FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONAL SECURITIES PVT.LTD.
KARVY INVESTOR SERVICES LTD.
KOTAK MAHINDRA CAPITAL CO.LTD.
MORGAN STANLEY INDIA CO.PVT.LTD.
MOTILAL OSWAL INVESTMENT ADVISORS PVT.LTD.
NOMURA FINANCIAL ADVISORY & SECURITIES (INDIA)
RBL BANK LTD.
RELIGARE CAPITAL MARKETS LTD.
SBI CAPITAL MARKETS LTD.
SPA CAPITAL ADVISORS LTD.
SREI CAPITAL MARKETS LTD.
STANDARD CHARTERED SECURITIES (INDIA) LTD.
STCI PRIMARY DEALER LTD.
TATA SECURITIES LTD.
TRUST INVESTMENT ADVISORS PVT.LTD.
UBS SECURITIES INDIA PVT.LTD.
IDBI TRUSTEESHIP SERVICES LTD.
CREDIT RATING AGENCIES
CREDIT ANALYSIS & RESEARCH LTD.
INDIA RATINGS & RESEARCH PVT.LTD.
DSP BLACKROCK INVESTMENT MANAGERS LTD.
IDBI ASSET MANAGEMENT LTD.
RELIANCE CAPITAL ASSET MANAGEMENT LTD.
UTI ASSET MANAGEMENT CO.LTD.
CENTRE FOR ADVANCED FIN. RESEARCH & LEARNING
ICFAI FOUNDATION FOR HIGHER EDUCATION
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF CAPITAL MARKETS
INDIAN INSTITUTES OF MANAGEMENT A/C/I/L
INDIAN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
INSTITUTE OF ECONOMIC AFFAIRS
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF SECURITIES MARKETS
OXFORD-MAN INSTITUTE OF QUANTITATIVE FINANCE
SHAILESH J.MEHTA SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
T.A.PAI MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE
DELHI STOCK EXCHANGE LTD.
MULTI COMMODITY EXCHANGE OF INDIA LTD.
NATIONAL STOCK EXCHANGE OF INDIA LTD.
CONCEPT COMMUNICATION LTD.
CONCEPT PUBLIC RELATIONS INDIA PVT.LTD.
CAMEO CORPORATE SERVICES LTD.
TSR DARASHAW LTD.
MEHTA PRINT ARTS PVT.LTD.
ORIENT PRESS LTD.
PRINTRADE ISSUES (INDIA) PVT.LTD.
SAP PRINT SOLUTIONS PVT.LTD.
WESTERN PRESS PVT.LTD.
AIRPORTS AUTHORITY OF INDIA
COCHIN SHIPYARD LTD.
FOOD CORP.OF INDIA
GAIL (INDIA) LTD.
INDIAN OIL CORP.LTD.
INDIAN RAILWAY FINANCE CORP.LTD.
LIFE INSURANCE CORP.OF INDIA
NATIONAL HIGHWAYS AUTHORITY OF INDIA
POWER FINANCE CORP.LTD.
POWER GRID CORP.OF INDIA LTD.
RURAL ELECTRIFICATION CORP.LTD.
PE/VC FIRMS/HEDGE FUNDS
ELLIOTT ADVISORS (HK) LTD.
GAJA ADVISORS PVT.LTD.
WESTBRIDGE ADVISORS PVT.LTD.
BAIN & CO.INDIA PVT.LTD.
ICRA MANAGEMENT CONSULTING SERVICES LTD.
MCKINSEY & CO.
AZB & PARTNERS
BHARUCHA & PARTNERS
CRAWFORD BAYLEY & CO.
DHIR & DHIR ASSOCIATES
LUTHRA & LUTHRA LAW OFFICES
CENTRAL DEPOSITORY SERVICES (INDIA) LTD.
NATIONAL SECURITIES DEPOSITORY LTD.
HARIBHAKTI & CO.
L&T INFRASTRUCTURE FINANCE CO.LTD.
VLS FINANCE LTD.
+ SEVERAL STOCK BROKERS