- 1,672 pages
- 28,881 organisations covered
- 29,023 key executives listed
- 50 sections
A Wealth of Information... in 50 Exhaustive Sections...
||NO. OF ORGANISATIONS LISTED
||REGISTRARS & SHARE TRANSFER
||CDSL Depository Participants
||NSDL Depository Participants
||Qualified Depository Participants-
||KYC REGISTRATION AGENCIES
||CREDIT RATING AGENCIES
||SECURITIES LENDING SCHEMES
||FOREIGN PORTFOLIO INVESTORS
||FOREIGN DEBT FUNDS
||PRIVATE EQUITY & VENTURE CAPITAL
||Private Equity & Venture Capital Firms
||Service Providers-Consulting & Advisory Firms
||ALTERNATIVE INVESTMENT FUNDS
||MUTUAL FUNDS & ASSET MNGT.CO
||COLLECTIVE INVESTMENT SCHEMES
||QUALIFIED CENTRAL COUNTERPARTIES
||STOCK EXCHANGE BROKERS &
||Underwriters Apprv.By SEBI
||FINANCIAL ADVERTISING AGENCIES
||SOLICITORS & LEGAL ADVISORS
||GOVERNMENT, REGULATORY &
||FINANCIAL & INDUSTRIAL
||NBFCs (RBI APPROVED)
||PRIMARY DEALERS (RBI APPROVED)
||DATABASES & INFORMATION
|| TRAINING INSTITUTES
||PENSION FUND SYSTEM
||HOUSING FINANCE COMPANIES
||ASSET RECONSTRUCTION COMPANIES
||PROXY ADVISORY FIRMS
||CREDIT INFORMATION BUREAUS
||CHAMBERS & ASSOCIATIONS
THE PRIME DIRECTORY-1994, the first edition, was an original compilation.... bringing into one single document, critical information about all intermediaries associated with the primary capital market. Until then, knowing who the intermediaries were, what they did, what their performance was, how to reach them... was a complicated process. The benefits of having all this information on fingertips was the objective of THE PRIME DIRECTORY-1994.
An updated edition, THE PRIME DIRECTORY-1995, was formally released by Shri D.R.Mehta, Chairman, Securities & Exchange Board of India. The significantly updated 1996 edition was formally released by Shri J.Capoor, Chairman, Unit Trust of India. The subsequent annual editions provided new formats, new sections and updated information on the market and its intermediaries.
THE PRIME DIRECTORY-2017
The new edition presents significant updation of information over the last edition. It also identifies the intermediaries continuing in business, as also those who have gone out of business. The new Directory :
- lists 28881 organisations
- includes all new intermediaries who have obtained SEBI registration
- has updated SEBI registration status for all intermediaries
- has updated addresses, phone/ fax numbers and e-mail addresses
- has updated information on key executives
- has updated ranking of each intermediary upto 2016-2017
An overview of the Primary Capital Market for 2016-2017 is also provided.
A COMPREHENSIVE ADDRESS DIRECTORY
This new edition runs into 1,672 pages, covers 28,881 intermediaries/organisations with their 31,147 addresses, listed alphabetically in 50 sections. Included in each listing, wherever applicable, are :
- addresses (both head office and branch offices)
- phone and fax numbers and e-mail and website addresses
- names and designations of key executives
- SEBI registration status and/or date of registration
ALSO A PERFORMANCE DIRECTORY
Importantly, THE PRIME DIRECTORY-2017 is not just an address directory. It also provides, for each intermediary, easy-to-read performance data, rankings and details of assignments handled over the past 5 years, thereby enabling the reader to evaluate the standing of each intermediary in the marketplace. Moreover, overview tables of rankings for 4 years have been provided at the end of each section.
THE PRIME DIRECTORY IS FOR
- CAPITAL MARKET PROFESSIONALS:
- to identify and select the right co-intermediaries
- to use as a reference and mailing list source to promote new business
- to easily locate companies and key executives
- to refer to key data on the primary capital market
- to locate service sources
- to locate qualified talent... or to find jobs in this vast field
- COMPANIES ENTERING THE CAPITAL MARKET:
- to identify the right intermediaries
- to develop a better understanding of the primary market
- for instant access to data on the primary market
- for looking at an intermediary’s track record whenever doing a report on him
- for easy access to people through names and phone/ fax numbers listed in the Directory
- MARKETING/ SERVICE ORGANISATIONS:
- organisations who wish to market their products/ services to the financial sector/ primary market professionals
- FOREIGN INVESTORS:
- to understand the Indian primary market
- CHAMBERS, ASSOCIATIONS ETC., PERSONNEL SELECTION AGENCIES AND EDUCATION/ RESEARCH INSTITUTES
ARTICLES BY EXPERTS
- Governing Famiy Business: Issues and Challenges
by Shri Prashant Saran, Retd.Wholetime Member, SEBI
- India’s Age of Compounding
by Shri Rashesh Shah,Chairman & CEO,Edelweiss Group
- Increasing role of Insurance Companies in the Capital Market
by Shri Amitabh Chaudhry, Managing Director & CEO, HDFC Standard Life Insurance Co.Ltd.
- Minimum Public Shareholding Norms-Need for a Review?
by Shri Cyril S.Shroff, Managing Partner, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas
- Market gauging in listed company capital markets transactions in India–analysis of the SEBI order in Factorial
by Shri Rajiv K.Luthra, Founder & Managing Partner and by Shri Rohan Sahai, Sr.Associate, Luthra & Luthra Law Offices
- Banking Distress – The Road Ahead
by Shri Akhil Gupta, Vice Chairman, Bharti Enterprises Ltd.
- State of Indian Capital Markets and its Prognosis
by Shri Ajay Srinivasan, Chief Executive-Financial Services, Aditya Birla Group
- Recent trends and innovations in IPO market in India Resurgence of IPO market in India amidst diversity in issuances
by Ms.Shilpa Kumar, Managing Director & CEO, ICICI Securities Ltd.
- Commodity Risks and Corporates–Perspectives and Way Forward
by Shri Mrugank Paranjape, Managing Director & CEO, Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd.
- Indian Capital Market 2020
by Shri Ramesh NGS, Managing Director & CEO, Stock Holding Corp.of India Ltd.
- The Great Bond Market Opportunity in India
by Shri Udai Kumar, Managing Director & CEO, Metropolitan Stock Exchange of India Ltd.
- Independent Directors in PSUs-Growing Challenges
by Dr.U.D.Choubey, Director General, Standing Conference of Public Enterprises
- A tectonic shift in household savings and investment
by Shri Navneet Munot, Chief Investment Officer, SBI Funds Management Pvt.Ltd.
- Financial Inclusion in Capital Markets: Challenges and Opportunities for Producer Companies
by Shri Trilochan Sastry, Professor, Indian Institute of Management-Bangalore and Founder, Centre for Collective Development; Founder India Farm Foods
- WOMEN on BOARDS: Vision 2025
by Shri Arun Duggal
- IFSC at GIFT City – how India INX is making it a pivot for entry into global capital markets
by Shri V.Balasubramaniam, Managing Director & CEO, India International Exchange IFSC Ltd.
- Auditing & Control–New Chapter
by Shri Shailesh Haribhakti, Chairman, Haribhakti & Co.LLP
- Technology disrupting investing space: benefits to Indian consumer
by Shri Dinesh Thakkar, Chairman & Managing Director, Angel Broking Pvt.Ltd.
- Increasing the Base of Retail Investors in India
by Shri Kishor Thakkar, Managing Director, Link Intime India Pvt.Ltd.
- Corporate Governance through Listing Agreement and Companies Act - The Letter and the Spirit
by Shri J.N.Gupta, Co-Founder, Managing Director, Stakeholders Empowerment Services Pvt.Ltd.
- Where is our stock market headed?
by Shri Himanshu Kaji, Group Chief Operating Officer & Executive Director, Edelweiss Financial Services Ltd.
- Improving Regulation for the Corporate Bond Market in India
by Shri Shashikant Rathi, Executive Vice President & Head Treasury and Markets, Axis Bank Ltd
- Overview of Indian Capital Markets “Capital Market and Economy are the two sides of the same coin and cannot be separated”
by Shri Ajay Saraf, Executive Director, ICICI Securities Ltd.
- An all-weather investment option for conservative investors
by Shri S.Naren, Executive Director & Chief Investment Officer, ICICI Prudential Asset Management Co.Ltd.
- The 21st Century CFO
by Shri Yogesh Dhingra, Group Chief Financial Officer & Chief Strategy Officer, Blue Dart Express Ltd.
- AIFs: A lot achieved, a few loose ends
by Shri Gopal Srinivasan, Chairman, Indian Private Equity & Venture Capital Association
- Role of Mutual Funds in Corporate Bonds Market
by Shri Suyash Choudhary, Head-Fixed Income and Shri Anurag Mittal, Fund Manager, IDFC Asset Management Co.Ltd.
- Controlling securities market frauds at all three levels: issuers, intermediaries and investors
by Shri Suveer Khanna, Partner & Lead Forensic Financial Services and Shri Manish Deo, Manager, Forensic, KPMG
- SEBI's proposals on advisors and distributors
by Ms.Renuka Sane, Associate Professor, National Institute of Public Finance & Policy
- CSR: Assessing the impact of law
by Ms.Preeti Malhotra, Partner, E-Vehicles & Executive Director, Smart Global Group
- Easing of Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPIs) norms
by Shri Sriram Krishnan, Director & Head-Investor Services, Deutsche Bank AG
- 'Role of Mutual Funds in Corporate Bonds market'
by Ms.Lakshmi Iyer, Chief Investment Officer-Debt & Head-Products, Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Co.Ltd.
- Investment Avenues in Corporate Bond Segment for MF Investors
by Shri Rahul Bhuskute, Head-Structured & Credit Investments, ICICI Prudential Asset Management Co.Ltd.
- Developer Due Diligence - a key part of real estate investment process RERA already influencing investor decision making
by Shri Tarun Bhatia, Managing Director, Kroll Associates (India) Pvt.Ltd.
- Reversal on rupee-denominated debt RBI has gradually increased the limit on FPI investment in onshore rupee-denominated debt
by Ms.Bhargavi Zaveri, Researcher, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research and Ms.Radhika Pandey, Researcher, National Institute of Public Finance & Policy
- Relevance of Mid Sized Investment Banks
by Shri G.S.Ganesh, Founder, Inga Capital Pvt.Ltd.
- India’s Pathbreaking CSR Mandate: Reflections on the Journey
by Dr.Bhaskar Chatterjee, Former Director General &CEO and Ms. Swagata Pillai, Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs
- SME IPO Market: Taking Newer Heights
by Shri Mahavir Lunawat, Group Managing Director, Pantomath Capital Advisors Pvt.Ltd.
- Fostering Good Governance in Corporate India
by Shri Shriram Subramanian, Founder & Managing Director, InGovern Research Services Pvt.Ltd.
- Corporate Governance in Listed Companies
by Ms.Kalpana Unadkat, Partner and Ms.Bidya Mohanty, Associate, Khaitan & Co.
- Increasing the Base of Retail Investors
by Shri Gopal S.Jiwarajka, President, PHD Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Why should Companies go for Listing
by Shri Anil Khaitan, Sr.Vice President, PHD Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- India: God’s own country for FPI Investors? Vanishing Mysticism - Enabling Ease
by Shri Viraj Kulkarni, Founder & CEO, Pivot Management Consulting
IN ONE DIRECTORY...
Information that is near-impossible to obtain...or would require years of research in scores of scattered sources
This is not a Shelf Directory...
it is a Table Directory to be
used every single day
Rs.5000.00 per copy (including packing and registered postage). If order by courier, add Rs.300.00 per copy (For Delhi subscribers, no courier charges are payable).
US $ 300.00 (including updates, packing and airmail).
PREPAYMENT IS ESSENTIAL
Payment in advance should be sent alongwith the attached Order Form. Cheques/Drafts should be crossed, made payable in Delhi and drawn in favour of “PRAXIS CONSULTING & INFORMATION SERVICES PVT.LTD.”
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Prithvi Haldea, an M.B.A. (1971) from BITS Pilani, is the Founder-Chairman of PRIME Database Group (www.primedatabasegroup.com), India’s premier database on the capital market since 1989. The Group’s flagship product is www.primedatabase.com which provides comprehensive information on public issues, rights issues, overseas issues, QIPs, IPPs, OFS, IDRs, InvITs, preferential equity issues, preference shares, debt private placements, commercial paper, certificate of deposits, takeover open offers, delisting offers and buybacks. PRIME has a large body of subscribers and is widely reported by the media.
Haldea is presently on the GOI Council of Experts for Financial Sector. He is also a Member, among others, of SEBI Primary Market Advisory Committee and SEBI Committee on Reviewing Disclosures and Application Forms in Public Issues. He is a member of Advisory Committee on Individual Insolvency and Bankruptcy of IBBI, Jury for ASSOCHAM’s awards for CG and for CSR, Member of the Editorial Board of ICSI, an Honorary Advisor of Association of Investment Bankers of India and Chairman of Ibaadat Foundation.
In the past, Haldea was a member, among others, of Board of Central Listing Authority (SEBI), Trustee of NPS Trust-PFRDA, GOI Task Force on Financial Redress Agency, FSDC Committee on Commission/Incentive Structure of the Distributors of Financial Products, Central Government Nominee on the Governing Councils of ICAI and ICSI, High-Level Committee of Finance Ministry on Corporate Bonds, Member of Board of Governors of Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs, Investment Board of Postal Life Insurance, Quality Review Board (ICAI), Committees of MCA on formulation and revision of Companies Act, Board of UTI Mutual Fund, SEBI Committee on Review of MAPIN, SEBI Secondary Market Advisory Committee, Listing and Delisting Committees of BSE, Listing Committee of NSE and Delisting Committee of DSE. He was also the Chairman of ASSOCHAM’s and PHDCCI Capital Markets Committees. Haldea has addressed hundreds of conferences.
As an investor protection activist, Haldea regularly raises critical issues and in pursuit of this objective, he has also launched two unique websites: www.watchoutinvestors.com: aggregating information on economic defaulters which now lists over 2,60,000 cases and www.primedirectors.com: a databank now hosting profiles of over 24,500 professionals for listed companies to select independent directors. He had also created www.iepf.gov.in: an investor education initiative in 13 languages.
Between 1971 and 1988, Haldea worked at senior positions in the corporate sector and also as a consultant to The World Bank and the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Pranav Haldea, an M.B.A. from the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (2004), is the Managing Director of PRIME Database Group (www.primedatabasegroup.com), India’s premier database on the capital market.
At PRIME, besides managing the existing activities, Pranav has driven the Group’s foray into several new and diverse services:nseinfobase.com - databases on listed companies covering data on Insider Trading, Share Pledging, transactions under Takeover Code, Shareholding, Mutual Fund Holdings, Board of Directors, AGM/EGM/Postal Ballot Resolutions, Board Meeting Resolutions, Investor Meets, Auditors, Annual Reports, CSR, Corporate Actions, Company Secretaries, Company Contact Details, Financial Results, All-in-1 Shareholders & Corporate Event Calendar, Investors Websites for listed and unlisted corporates, PRIME Bulk & Block Deals Database (primebbdatabase.com), PRIME Credit Rating Migrations Database (primecrmdatabase.com), PRIME Corporate Bonds Database (primecbdatabase.com), PRIME AMC Database (primemfdatabase.com)- database and league tables of AMCs on the basis of AuM, PRIME MCA Database (primemcadatabase.com)- database of over 16 lakh companies, The IVCA-PRIME Private Equity & Venture Capital Directory (primeivcadatabase.com), msmementor.in, a national skills registry of professionals for the benefit of MSMEs, bsepsu.com, a website dedicated to disinvestments, dipam.gov.in, a new website for the Department of Disinvestment, Ministry of Finance and aibi.org.in- the website for Association of Investment Bankers of India.
He has also conceived and executed several projects with the National Stock Exchange, Bombay Stock Exchange and the Investor Education and Protection Fund, Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
Pranav has addressed several conferences and is often quoted in the media.
Prior to PRIME, Pranav worked with HSBC in India and then at Deutsche Bank in Singapore where he was responsible for sales coverage of financial institutions in the Global Markets division.
PRIME provides a single source of comprehensive information on all public issues (IPOs, FPOs, OFS), SME IPOs/FPOs/ITP/Rights, public debt issues, rights issues, debt private placements, commercial paper, CDs, QIPs, IPPs, GDRs/ADRs/FCCBs/Overseas Bonds, IDRs, preferential equity issues and preference shares as well as takeover open offers, delisting offers and buyback offers. Launched in April 1989, PRIME has now become a master reference tool on the primary capital market. Over 25 different services are offered to suit specific requirements. The database has a large body of subscribers. A representative partial list of subscribers is given below:
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
RESERVE BANK OF INDIA
MERCHANT BANKERS/ BANKS
A.K.CAPITAL SERVICES LTD.
ADITYA BIRLA FINANCE LTD.
ALMONDZ GLOBAL SECURITIES LTD.
AMBIT CORPORATE FINANCE PVT.LTD.
ANAND RATHI ADVISORS LTD.
AVENDUS CAPITAL PVT.LTD.
AXIS BANK LTD.
AXIS CAPITAL LTD.
BAJAJ CAPITAL LTD.
BANK OF AMERICA MERRILL LYNCH
BARCLAYS BANK PLC
CENTBANK FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD.
CENTRUM CAPITAL LTD.
CITIGROUP GLOBAL MARKETS INDIA PVT.LTD.
CREDIT AGRICOLE CORPORATE & INVESTMENT BANK
CREDIT SUISSE SECURITIES (INDIA) PVT.LTD.
DAIWA CAPITAL MARKETS INDIA PVT.LTD.
DARASHAW & CO.PVT.LTD.
DSP MERRILL LYNCH LTD.
EDELWEISS FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD.
HDFC BANK LTD.
HONGKONG & SHANGHAI BANKING CORP.LTD.,THE
HSBC SECURITIES & CAPITAL MARKETS (I) PVT.LTD.
ICICI BANK LTD.
ICICI SECURITIES LTD.
ICICI SECURITIES PRIMARY DEALERSHIP LTD.
IDBI BANK LTD.
IDBI CAPITAL MARKET SERVICES LTD.
IDFC SECURITIES LTD.
IIFL HOLDINGS LTD.
INDUSIND BANK LTD.
ING VYSYA BANK LTD.
J.P.MORGAN INDIA PVT.LTD.
JEFFERIES INDIA PVT.LTD.
JM FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONAL SECURITIES PVT.LTD.
KARVY INVESTOR SERVICES LTD.
KOTAK MAHINDRA CAPITAL CO.LTD.
LKP SECURITIES LTD.
MORGAN STANLEY CAPITAL INTERNATIONAL SA
MORGAN STANLEY INDIA CO.PVT.LTD.
MOTILAL OSWAL INVESTMENT ADVISORS PVT.LTD.
NOMURA FINANCIAL ADVISORY & SECURITIES (INDIA)
RBL BANK LTD.
RELIGARE CAPITAL MARKETS LTD.
ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND N.V.,THE
SBI CAPITAL MARKETS LTD.
SPA CAPITAL ADVISORS LTD.
SREI CAPITAL MARKETS LTD.
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK LTD.
STCI PRIMARY DEALER LTD.
TATA SECURITIES LTD.
TRUST INVESTMENT ADVISORS PVT.LTD.
UBS SECURITIES INDIA PVT.LTD.
YES BANK LTD.
IDBI TRUSTEESHIP SERVICES LTD.
SBICAP TRUSTEE CO.LTD.
VISTRA ITCL (INDIA) LTD.
SBI-SG GLOBAL SECURITIES SERVICES PVT.LTD.
STOCK HOLDING CORP.OF INDIA LTD.
CREDIT RATING AGENCIES
CREDIT ANALYSIS & RESEARCH LTD.
INDIA RATINGS & RESEARCH PVT.LTD.
BIRLA SUN LIFE ASSET MANAGEMENT CO.LTD.
DSP BLACKROCK INVESTMENT MANAGERS LTD.
ICICI PRUDENTIAL ASSET MANAGEMENT CO.LTD.
IDBI ASSET MANAGEMENT LTD.
RELIANCE CAPITAL ASSET MANAGEMENT LTD.
SBI FUNDS MANAGEMENT PVT.LTD.
UTI ASSET MANAGEMENT CO.LTD.
LIFE INSURANCE CORP.OF INDIA
CENTRE FOR ADVANCED FIN. RESEARCH & LEARNING
ICFAI FOUNDATION FOR HIGHER EDUCATION
INDIAN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT-A / B / C / I / L / T
INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS OF INDIA,THE
INSTITUTE OF ECONOMIC AFFAIRS
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF SECURITIES MARKETS
OXFORD-MAN INSTITUTE OF QUANTITATIVE FINANCE
SHAILESH J.MEHTA SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
T.A.PAI MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE
NATIONAL STOCK EXCHANGE OF INDIA LTD.
MULTI COMMODITY EXCHANGE OF INDIA LTD.
CONCEPT COMMUNICATION LTD.
CONCEPT PUBLIC RELATIONS INDIA PVT.LTD.
CAMEO CORPORATE SERVICES LTD.
TSR DARASHAW LTD.
MEHTA PRINT ARTS PVT.LTD.
ORIENT PRESS LTD.
SAP PRINT SOLUTIONS PVT.LTD.
WESTERN PRESS PVT.LTD.
AIRPORTS AUTHORITY OF INDIA
BHARAT PETROLEUM CORP.LTD.
COCHIN SHIPYARD LTD.
FOOD CORP.OF INDIA
GAIL (INDIA) LTD.
INDIAN OIL CORP.LTD.
INDIAN RAILWAY FINANCE CORP.LTD.
NATIONAL HIGHWAYS AUTHORITY OF INDIA
PNB HOUSING FINANCE LTD.
POWER FINANCE CORP.LTD.
POWER GRID CORP.OF INDIA LTD.
RURAL ELECTRIFICATION CORP.LTD.
PE/VC FIRMS/HEDGE FUNDS
CHRYSCAPITAL ADVISORS LLP
ELLIOTT ADVISORS (HK) LTD.
GAJA ADVISORS PVT.LTD.
WESTBRIDGE ADVISORS PVT.LTD.
BAIN & CO.INDIA PVT.LTD.
BOSTON CONSULTING GROUP (INDIA) PVT.LTD.
ICRA MANAGEMENT CONSULTING SERVICES LTD.
MCKINSEY & CO.
AZB & PARTNERS
CRAWFORD BAYLEY & CO.
DHIR & DHIR ASSOCIATES
LUTHRA & LUTHRA LAW OFFICES
M.V.KINI & CO.
SQUIRE PATTON BOGGS SINGAPORE LLP
CENTRAL DEPOSITORY SERVICES (INDIA) LTD.
NATIONAL SECURITIES DEPOSITORY LTD.
HARIBHAKTI & CO.
FULLERTON INDIA CREDIT CO.LTD.
L&T INFRASTRUCTURE FINANCE CO.LTD.
VLS FINANCE LTD.
+ SEVERAL STOCK BROKERS